College Colors Day
The “We Are MASON” program originated from a desire for the Mason community to show support and unity for George Mason University. We Are MASON showcases the spirit, pride, and tradition that make us proud to be a Patriot.
Students, faculty, staff, alumni and fans will celebrate College Colors Day at George Mason University on August 29, 2014. College Colors Day also kicks off another school year of Spirit Fridays at Mason where the Mason community is encouraged to wear Mason gear every Friday to show their spirit and pride. Wear your colors and be a part of College Colors Day! Show your pride for prizes!
7 Ways for Students, Faculty/Staff, Alumni and Fans to Participate:
- Wear Your Colors on August 29 wherever you are!
- Post photos on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #wearemason #collegecolors wearing your colors for the chance to be featured on the We Are Mason social media pages, win prizes, and be named 2014 College Colors Fan. The top 5 winners will be announced on 9/5.
- Watch the MasonAds screens throughout campus or social media for the Mason Jar and simply tweet or Instagram your guess of the number of jelly beans in the jar with a “selfie” using #masonbean #wearemason #collegecolors. The top 5 who make guesses first that are nearest to the actual number will win Mason gear and announced on 9/5.
- Decorate your Mason office door to show your campus spirit and pride between 8/18 and 8/29, and then post photos of it using #masondoors #wearemason #collegecolors for a chance to be named “2014 College Colors Door of Doors” and win a Mason Spirit Pack. Winner announced on 9/5.
- Visit http://collegecolorsday.com to learn how to earn points for Mason in the College Colors Day Spirit Cup Competition for a chance for Mason to be crowned the Spirit Cup champion and receive a $10,000 donation towards its general scholarship fund. Competition runs from August 1-28 with the winning school being announced on College Colors Day. Use #wearemason #collegecolors when posting your college-themed photos to Instagram and Twitter.
- Enjoy one or more of the campus or local business promotions on College Colors Day. Watch social media and MasonAds screens throughout campus for specific discounts.
- Show up on the North Plaza between 11am and 2pm on August 29 for photos, give-aways and fun times.
College Colors Day is nationally organized by our partner, The Collegiate Licensing Company, and was first celebrated in 2005. It always falls on the Friday before Labor Day. College Colors Day seeks to celebrate and promote the spirit that makes college traditions great, such as “back-to-school”, by encouraging students, faculty/staff, alumni and fans to wear apparel of their favorite college throughout the day of Friday, August 29, 2014. This is a chance for YOU to show YOUR school spirit by wearing your college colors at work, school or to play. College Colors Day – spread the word and wear your colors (Green and Gold) wherever you are!
To get ready for the big day, shop Mason and follow http://www.facebook.com/WeAreMason or http://www.twitter.com/WeAreMason4Life for other opportunities to engage in the fun and excitement of the Green and Gold. Mason Nation, wear your colors on Friday, August 29! Contact David Atkins at email@example.com for more information.
Mason Gear can be found at many local and online retailers. Check back often as our list keeps growing!
Check out these retailers to get your Mason Gear! trademarks.gmu.edu/gear .